Pot Roast is a great option whether you're feeding 10 people or 2. Here is an easy way to get that classic flavor on your dinner table.
Boneless Pot Roast (Look for a roast that is 1/2 - 1 lb. per person)
1 packet dry onion soup
1-2 potatoes for each person you plan to serve.
Bag of baby carrots
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Take the pot roast out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Turn oven on at 350 degrees.
- In an oven-safe pot, over medium heat, pour olive oil into pan and allow to heat up.
- Open the dry onion soup and cover all sides of the roast and then sear in the pan on the oven.
- After you've seared all sides, add 1 cup of water, cut potatoes, cut onion and carrots. Put lid on pot and place in oven for 3-4 hours, depending on the size of the roast. The thickest part of the roast will be 145 degrees when fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow the meat to sit for 20-30 minutes to avoid losing all the juices.