Patriotic marble glazed cake donuts are decadent and delicious. A simple marbling technique is a special touch to an tasty cake donut that is perfect for a bbq finishing touch.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 12 min | Total time: 27 min | Serves 12
- Food Club Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Food Club Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
For marbled glaze:
- 6 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, mashed
- 1/4 cup frozen bluberries, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, oil and milk. Spoon or pipe mixture into donut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make white glaze by mixing 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar with milk until smooth. Make raspberry glaze by mixing 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar with raspberries until smooth. Make blueberry glaze by mixing 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar with blueberries until smooth. Glazes should all be think but pourable. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup of each glaze to a shallow bowl or plate. Dip each donut swirling to create marbled effect. Transfer donuts, glazed side up, to a wire rack and decorate with sprinkles.